Sunday, April 28, 2013

Camp is a bust, but not a fail

Well, there are two more days of camp left, and I'm not going to make my word count goal.  I realized over this past week that I had wandered away from the original point of the story, which was meant as therapy.  I had been working on another story with the same characters and setting, but needed to dial it back and finish what I originally started.  The word count was becoming more important than the plot, and since the therapy exercise will never be published (at least not that I can foresee), it doesn't matter what the word count is.  I just need to tell the story from beginning to end and worry about cannibalizing it later.

I'm okay with not winning Camp NaNo this time, because I don't see it as a fail, since I'm refocusing my effort, which helps me out in the end.

Weight is stable, ate off plan more than I should have, but I'm back on track now.  I had to delay my shipment twice, because we were getting a new fridge, and I had to wait until the new one was delivered before I could stock it with the NS food.  At least I didn't gain any weight, AND I'm comfortably wearing pants two sizes smaller than when I started, so I am very happy with how it's going.  Yay!

We had a small 3.2 earthquake that was close to us the other night, but our house only shook once, and I didn't feel any aftershocks.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment