Sunday, April 14, 2013

Camp and weight update, lost car dream

I have just under 9k words written, which means that I'm about 4k words short of my schedule.  I've introduced two new characters, shop assistants for Sara, although I might end up cutting one out.  Does she need two?  Researching the first assistant's background was fun.  She's an older lady from England, whose husband took a job at U of Washington eighteen years ago, although he died a few years ago.  Since then, she moved to town and started teaching part time at the community college.

I'm not sure what the Bournemouth accent sounds like, or what common phrases they use there, so I'm trying to find suggestions for TV shows or movies that I can watch on Netflix to hear them speak.

The writing that I've done has come easily, and I'm still skipping around and writing random scenes, and so far, I've only written to a few of the plot points that I came up with last month, so there is plenty of work to do.

My writing buddy has been participating in the postcard swap, and it sounds like a lot of fun, so I'll probably participate if they have it during the next camp session.  I never know what to say on postcards.

The weight is still coming off, albeit slowly, and people are actually noticing the weight loss, which makes me very happy :)

I bought a new dream book by Theresa Cheung called "The Element Encyclopedia of 20,000 Dreams".  I found a listing for lost cars that says that it can mean a loss of direction:  


"One of the most common dreams in midlife is that of the lost car.  You park the car and return to find it's gone.  You wander anxiously around the area but cover the same ground with no results.  In short, this is a dream about feeling lost because you have followed the rules rather than your instinct or intuition.  If you have this dream, the indication is that some part of your waking life is unfulfilling and you feel as if you have lost something precious; you are not only upset when you recognize you have lost it but your life comes to a complete standstill."  

And that makes perfect sense!  I didn't have the dream until I turned 40 and moved back home, and I've had it almost every night since then.  Now that I recognize what it is, hopefully I can begin to work my way past it, and yes, it's nice to know that it's a common dream, although I've never known anyone else who has had it.

The magic house is still making an appearance almost nightly (technically "daily", since that's usually when I sleep), and my "mother" in the dreams is sometimes a princess, as a symbol of the Goddess.  Family is very prominent in my dreams, and of course, the animals and trying to keep them safe.  The odd obstacle courses are still there, and I have to go through all sorts of contortions to get through them.  There's always a fear that I won't be able to fit through the tunnels, but I always make it through.  That's pretty easy to interpret.

Alright, back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment