Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Slacking off in several directions

For the past five days or so, our kitchen cabinets have been undergoing refinishing, so we've been unable to use the microwave, oven, stove and refrigerator, which has made it difficult for me to stick with the NS foods.  We've eaten out, and twice I ordered Chinese soup, so I'm hardly starving.  Actually, I've gained back two pounds!  Annoying, but hopefully our kitchen will be back in working order by tomorrow evening and I can get back on track.  Come to think of it, Thursday will be another off-NS day, as I will be celebrating my birthday with turkey chili, cornbread and the Hawaiian Paradise Delight cake from King's Hawaiian Bakery that I get every year.  At least it's a light sponge cake with whipped topping rather than frosting, so my conscience won't bother me too much.  The three layers are flavored with guava, passionfruit and lime, and it's topped with kiwi, peaches and strawberries.  Gorgeous, isn't it?  





I just read another history of Pitcairn Island from the point of view of the Tahitian women who helped colonize the island and was written by a descendant of Fletcher Christian and Mauatua, his Tahitian wife.  It's a fascinating tale and quite an eye-opener to how life was back then, and it's definitely a tribute to those women who formed the backbone of the society.

Work on my book is slow, though I keep coming up with new scenarios and details that I want to add into what I already have.  Camp NaNo begins again in April, so March will be spent ramping up for that, and since I'll be rebelling, I'm trying to get as much as I can of the outline filled in, so I can spend the month fleshing everything out.  

So, I've slacked off a bit this week, but I'm ready to get back to work.  Stay safe and have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment