Monday, July 22, 2013

New NS Chef's Table Dishes

NutriSystem has added more dishes to their gourmet Chef's Table line. The entrees come frozen, while the popcorn is shelf-stable and ready to eat.  They've promised even more to come from this line through the end of August, and I'm looking forward to trying those.

Chef’s Table Grilled Chicken Sausage with Peppers.  Spicy, peppery goodness.  Three big pieces of chicken sausage with good flavor.  Green and red peppers and onions.  It was saucy enough that it would be wonderful over brown rice, but I just ate it alone.  Will order again.

Chef’s Table Spaghetti Primavera with Chicken Meatball.  The sauce and the veggie were okay, but I liked the meatball better.  Too bad there’s only one in the meal.  It was okay, not sure if I’ll order it again.

Chef’s Table Tilapia with Asparagus and Rice.  The fish was perfect, I was worried it would be a bit mushy, but it came out great.  The asparagus was good, tender.  The rice was definitely more “Minute Rice” than “Uncle Ben’s” and could have been better, though the herbed flavor was good.  Long grain wild rice would have been ideal.

Chef’s Table Whole Wheat Ricotta Crepes.  The flavor is very good, cheesy with a spicy marinara sauce.  The crepes, themselves, are slightly sweet, which I wasn’t expecting, but they’re very tasty.

White Cheddar Popcorn.  Nice amount.  I was afraid it would be a small bag and leave me wanting more, but it was just right.  It’s not overly cheesy, but it is yummy and tasted fresh.

More great news, I've passed the 40-pound-mark!  Another bear for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment