Thursday, May 2, 2013

New NS gourmet meals

NutriSystem has brought back their Chef's Table frozen gourmet dishes.  They offered them last year, but their supplier quit supplying them, and that all happened before I joined, so this is my first experience with them.  I've tried four so far.

The Arroz con Pollo was very flavorful, spicy and good.  The Orzo, Shrimp and Lobster Langostino was very tasty.  The Ginger Cashew Chicken was only okay, and I won't re-order those.  Tonight I had the Butternut Squash Ravioli, and I was looking forward to this, as I like butternut squash fries.

This dish has a very unique and citrus-y smell, and the flavor is pretty good with an unusual mixture of cinnamon, turmeric, paprika, nutmeg and sage herbs.  The sauce contains orange juice.  Sort of a Middle Eastern or maybe Indian dish?  The pasta itself was a bit tough.  The  real problem with it is that I did not expect it to be so incredibly liquidy when I opened it.  Although I took care when cutting open the pouch, it was like a fountain and spilled forth the contents not only onto the plate, but all over the counter, the floor, and me.  I must admit that it had an adverse reaction to my enjoyment of the meal.

Of the Chef's Table selections they offered in April, in addition to those four that I tried, there is only one other meal that didn't include beef or pork, and that is Chef's Table Cavatelli with Broccoli Pesto, and I won't be ordering that, because I dislike pesto.  

They've announced that more dishes will be coming out this month.  One of new dishes is supposedly going to be Chicken & Turkey Meatloaf, and I'm looking forward to trying that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment