Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 6 - Majorly stuck

2,968/2,968/50,000

Ugh!  Stuck.  I haven't written anything since Day One.  My muse has up and gone on vacation.  I don't know if it's still the age thing that I'm stuck on, or if I'm just stuck about what to write in her teenage years.  I only have a couple of plot points for that time period, then I skip ahead to her as an adult, and at the moment, I can't seem to work up the interest in writing that yet, even though I have a lot of plot points ready to go there.

In the meantime, another story idea hatched in the middle of the night that sounds fun too, but again, it's about a young child discovering her roots.  Me again!  

My therapist thinks that if I write about me growing up and walk my way through the dark stuff, that I'll get unblocked and be able to age my characters, but I really do not want to get bogged down in all that darkness.  I guess I'm trying to work my way around it, but she thinks I need to plow straight through it.  It's a boring story to me.  It's over and done with, and I just want to move on from here, but says that probably won't work.  The way I see it is, why take myself through that again?

I really want to win Camp NaNo this month, so I just need to write SOMETHING.  

No comments:

Post a Comment