Saturday, May 26, 2012

Less than one week to June's Camp NaNo2012

I was starting to panic the last couple of weeks, because I still don't have an outline for my novel, and I procrastinated BECAUSE I was panicking by reading several really good books on writing.  I guess that means that I procrastinated in a good way *g*.  I did learn a lot, and the tips are helping me to better organize my thoughts.  I decided to break the planning/plotting stage down into smaller sections so it doesn't seem like such a big task, and now I know what steps I need to take each day to be ready to start on June 1st.


Today, I'm working on character sheets.  I've never liked "god-like" characters, so I"m making sure that my chars have their own weaknesses or faults, which is actually easier than I thought it would be.  Because the groups of characters have animalistic qualities, I'm having fun working with their appearances, personalities and mannerisms.  I still don't have a definite villain or group of villains, but I'm confident that will come soon.  


I've made several maps of the world, but I'm still not completely satisfied with it yet.  I see it slowly appearing piece by piece in my mind, and I want to make sure that I can fully immerse myself in each environment to help make the book come alive.


Books on writing that I've read/am reading to prepare for Camp:


Ready, Set, Novel! by Chris Baty
No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty
The Art of War for Writers by James Scott Bell
NaNoWriMo for the New and the Insane by Lazette Gifford



No comments:

Post a Comment