Friday, August 16, 2013

Coat of Arms


People on the City-Data Genealogy forum have been talking about coats of arms lately, and a thread started asking people how they would design their own.  I think I’ve finally come up with mine.  Here’s my post:

“I've been thinking about this for quite awhile.  My family situation is complicated and fractured, so the coat of arms would reflect only myself.  The colors would be dark purple and forest green in opposing quadrants with a silver banner.  The motto on the banner at the top would read "CREDO IN POSSIBILITATES", "Believe in the possibilities."  Instead of a helmet, a white lotus flower would sit on top of the shield.  A male orange and black tiger supporter would be rampant on the left side, and a white female grizzly bear supporter would be rampant on the right.  In the top left quadrant would be symbols of the Triple Goddess and the Forest Lord, in the top right quadrant would be a plumed pen (I write) and a musical eighth note (I play several instruments), the bottom left quadrant would have a honu (sea turtle - to symbolize my birthmother's ethnicity), and in the right bottom quadrant would be a raven (to reflect the origin of my birthfather's surname).”

And at the bottom would be my full name.  

No comments:

Post a Comment