Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I am a published author!

Today is the day that the Chicken Soup for the Soul cat book goes on sale, how exciting!  The first in many such experiences, I'm hoping.

Haven't been posting much, but I've been doing a lot of reading (148 books so far this year), and I've started studying Spanish with Rosetta Stone.  Even with all the Spanish I've taken in school, I decided to begin with level 1, and I'm so glad I did.  This is a whole new way of learning.  Rather than making you memorize the laws of grammar, they show you in context, so you learn in an organic way, the way children learn their first  language.  It's also quite fun.

I've also joined Luminosity and have been faithfully playing the games every day.  They suggest that you work on them 3-4 times a week, but they're too fun not to play them every day.  Memory has my lowest score, which comes at no surprise, but I'm hoping to bring those numbers up with practice.

I've sent several poems and short stories off to contests and am hoping that something will come of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment