Monday, April 14, 2014

Good grief!

Gosh, I haven't made a regular blog post since the end of last year!  What have I been doing?  Reading mostly, obviously, by my reading challenge post, but I also submitted two poems to contests, one of which didn't win, and the other I'm still waiting to hear on.

I've also been busy writing short stories inspired by pictures I've downloaded from the Internet.  Our writing group began these at the end of last year and have had fun challenging ourselves with it.  

This month is Camp NaNo, and although I haven't written as much as I'd have liked to by this point, I've been working on four different story lines, two inspired by pictures, one by a dream and one by another book.  Rather than working on one novel for the entire month, I opted to write short stories and poetry during Camp.

My goal for the next year is to get ready to make the move to Washington state.  I've wanted to live there for years, and next spring is my plan.  Between now and then will be a lot of sorting, donating and re-packing to minimize what I'll be taking with me.  I'm so looking forward to the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment