Monday, January 21, 2013

Life After NaNo

NaNoWriMo ended on November 30, 2012.  It's now the 21st of January 2013, and I've had a tough time with the writing.  I've FINALLY decided to give in to my characters and let them write Chrysalis as a romance.  It's a story being told by two people, rather than the single-sided story I had intended.  

But characters, as you know, have minds of their own, and after fighting with them back and forth, I give up.  Why the battle? I dislike reading romances with a passion...unless they have an excellent plot.  So, I thought, "Why should I write a book that I wouldn't want to read?"  

The answer is simply that this is a book I WOULD want to read, with depth to the plot, a wonderful location, and characters that anyone can relate to.  These aren't stunningly beautiful well-toned young 20-somethings.  My characters are fairly well-along in their years, experienced with life and its pitfalls, who somehow find themselves living at the same time in a quaint little town on the Washington coast, at a place in their lives neither of them expected to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment